Pureport Site Connect VPN
Hybrid cloud connectivity is becoming the new standard. Pureport’s Multicloud Fabric® platform has reengineered the way organizations connect from customer premises to cloud environments. Pureport’s Site Connect VPN enables users to start using private connectivity to public clouds within minutes.
Until recently, organizations wishing to connect their on-premises locations to cloud services experienced major hurdles. Connecting required significant configuration and network expertise, necessitated provisioning a circuit from a carrier (which could take months), and mandated a long-term contract.
Pureport’s Site Connect VPN has changed that. Site Connect allows organizations to leverage their existing network infrastructure and internet access to connect from their locations to their clouds – without the wait, without the expense – while leveraging the benefits of the cloud providers’ native private connectivity options. Organizations can deploy a new, redundant VPN gateway in a matter of minutes and connect using the highly secure, industry-standard IPsec protocol.
Another alternative, using a cloud provider’s native VPN functionality, can lead to some less-than-optimal results.Typical hurdles include:
- High egress fees – The cloud provider’s VPN functionality uses the internet for the first, middle and last mile, which can translate to high egress data fees. Pureport’s Site Connect VPN allows the speed of a cloud-based VPN solution, coupled with the lower egress cost of the private connectivity options.
- Costly, complex infrastructure – VPN options which allow organizations to use a single tunnel to connect to all of their cloud resources may be costly, and require additional consideration around network architectures. Pureport’s Multicloud Fabric creates a transit network that allows new connections and on-site networks to be added and integrated with no changes to existing connections, and no additional physical infrastructure.
- Multicloud is not an option – None of the cloud providers’ native VPN offerings provide connectivity to all of an organizations’ sites and all the clouds they connect to, over one tunnel. Pureport’s Multicloud Fabric enables users to create a complete, full-mesh hybrid cloud network, quickly and easily.
Get up and running today with AWS Direct Connect, Azure ExpressRoute, Google Cloud Interconnect, or Oracle Fastconnect using Site Connect VPN for the last mile, then seamlessly cut over to private lines once provisioning is complete.
Pureport Case Study
Pureport Enables Phynd Technologies’ Future Success with Reliable Cloud Network
Site Connect VPN Technical Specifications
Site Connect VPN has been engineered with cross-platform and backward compatibility in mind, while also offering the latest in industry-standard encryption settings.
- Full support for IKEv1 and IKEv2
- Support for single or multiple internet circuits at customer premises for fullydiverse and high availability (HA) connectivity
- Support for multiple routing protocols
- Fully dynamic BGP over VTI
- Static routing over VTI
- Policy-based tunnels (using proxy ID or traffic selectors)
- Broad set of encryption options
- 128/192/256-bit AES
- 128/192/256-bit AES-CTR
- 128/192/256-bit AES-GCM with 64/96/128-bit ICV
- Broad set of integrity options
- SHA2-256, 384, 512
- AEX XCBC
- Older, less secure options available for backward compatibility
Site Connect VPN: Key Features and Benefits
On-Demand Cloud Connectivity
The Pureport Multicloud Fabric platform enables on-demand, cloud native networks between sites and cloud providers in minutes, not months. Pureport’s platform supports scalable connections ranging from 50Mbps to 10Gbps, with hourly billing and no contracts. Turn connections up or down as needed, resize them on the fly, or easily remove them when no longer needed.