The Channel Sales Manager is responsible for driving increased revenue from our most strategic channel partners. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience maintaining executive-level relationships, creating business plans, conducting trainings and presentations, and developing and executing partner programs. This individual will focus on understanding the business of each of our partners and developing strategies to make their relationship more profitable through our partnership. Pureport considers our Channel Sales Manager/Director consultative, creative, relationship-oriented, persistent, and work with a “we win together” approach.
- Own the entire channel efforts starting as an individual contributor with the opportunity to move to a player/coach and long-term opportunity to just be a coach (managing the team).
- Develop and manage channel partners to drive strategic account plans to grow the adoption of Pureport solutions. Specific background working with key Master Agents is required.
- Coordinate with internal Pureport associates (primarily solutions architects, engineers, and inside sales representatives) to support sales and account expansion efforts with key partners in the field.
- Work hand-in-hand with partners through entire sales process including sales collateral, joint customer meetings, presentations and demos.
- Assure partners have up-to-date knowledge of new products, features, roadmap, provide regular training, etc.
- Drive a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Accurately forecast and close sales that align with company goals.
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” within a small team, wear multiple hats, and approach projects/initiative with a sense of urgency.
- 5+ years experience working in the network and/or cloud space at a channel partner organization preferred, or has worked with channel partners in a co-sell and resell environment.
- Strong sales background – Proven sales ability including: pricing, relationship building and management, consultative selling/li>
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in business, marketing or other technical discipline
- Deep understanding and experience with SaaS delivery model, preferably understanding the data center and Infrastructure as a Service market
- Hands on individual, self-starter
- Creative thinking and problem solving. Strong human and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills is required
- Enjoys working in a team environment and being part of a fast-growing company pioneering leading-edge technology
- Some travel required for closing deals, as well as industry and partner events (30%)
- Experience with Salesforce.com
To apply for this job opening, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.